Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cane and Ebel

I am thankful that my employer provides me and my family with health insurance. The organization they've chosen to provide this insurance, however, is manipulative and ornery, forcing me to go see the doctor even when I am not sick. Today I had the uncomfortable experience of going into the clinic for a mandated checkup. I felt as though I needed to try to come up with some reason why I wanted my good Doctor to check me over, look in my ears and into throat as I said "Aaaahhh!" As it turned out, I'm fine. Doc tells me my cholesterol  is 186, my TRG is 136 and my blood pressure, pulse, and HDL are each some other seemingly random and unexciting numbers. So, cheers to my good health!

To toast my well being, I opened this Red Rye Ale . It was nice, sweet and tangy, adding yet more reasons for me to be glad to be alive. It appears as though I have some more days to live here on earth, to serve my Lord and my neighbor and to be served by good neighbors at Two Brothers Brewing, Warrenville, Illinois.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment