Saturday, December 6, 2014

Three Philosophers

To fully enjoy this Advent Beer Calendar each day, I pull each beer from the box early in the day and then spend half the day in anticipation, using free moments now and again to do background research and deliberate on the glassware I will be using. So before heading out to make some visits in Northeast Iowa and conduct a service in Decorah I pulled out today's choice to give me something to think about on the car ride, and this one was particularly fun for anticipation. On a number of occasions over the past several years I have mentioned how much I really wanted to try Ommegang's Three Philosophers Quadrupel Ale. On one of those occasions, Sandy must have been listening and so she made sure a bottle was included this Advent. After all this anticipation, drinking it was not disappointing in anyway. The flavor is full and complex, as promised. Notes of raisins, bananas and spice ebb and flow throughout. As the carbonation escapes and the beer warms in the snifter the flavors mellow and relax. Very nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment