Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Bell's 30th Anniversary Ale

One of my several weaknesses is impatience. For instance, I about go crazy when my car breaks down and I'm stuck in a strange city on a holiday weekend, as was my lot Labor Day in Bowling Green, Ohio. I wrongly assumed there was no possible way such misfortune could work for good. However, because I was a day and a half late returning home, as it turned out, I passed through Kalamazoo at just the right time for the release of Bell's 30th Anniversary Ale -- a spectacular Imperial Stout. A day earlier, and I would have missed it.

This beer seems to be as thick as possible. It's incredibly complex in flavors: both sweet (molasses, dates and marshmallows) and bitter (burnt toast and espresso) and some savory bread-like stuff in the background, too. . . all combining into the best yumminess ever.

It took Bell's 30 years to get to this beer. I'm glad I didn't know how good it would be before now, because I could not have endured the wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment