Friday, December 16, 2011

John's White Ale

Today I picked up my two sons, Caleb and Cameron, from College in Iowa City to bring them home for Christmas. 

While in the neighborhood I wanted to stop by John’s Grocery.  Friends had told me that they sold beer there, so I wanted to check out the selection.  We parked on the street. Caleb went to see about some things at his church next door, while Cameron and I headed into John’s. 

It is almost overwhelming to first walk into this store.  There are dry goods stacked on shelves floor to ceiling.  You have to shimmy sideways if you meet another shopper in the aisle, and the several passages to side rooms make the first time shopper a little puzzled. But helpful staff graciously guided us to the beer room in the back. Walking in and seeing 700(!) beers, domestic and international including many old favorites and many more promising new discoveries, I felt just like Belle when the Beast first showed her the library. I said, “I can’t believe this.  It’s wonderful.  Thank you so much.”

 John's Generations Belgian White Ale bottle

John’s Generations White Ale is a nice refreshing witbier with burnt orange and noticeable coriander.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I've made the last trip tho take the boys to/from Iowa city for a while...

    ReplyDelete