Friday, December 9, 2011

Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock

My wife has left on a weekend shopping trip with "the girls", leaving me alone and clueless to figure out what’s for supper this Friday night.  I dig through the freezer and find one frozen pizza and I pop it in the oven.  Just as I take it out of the oven, our youngest child and his friend appear from up out of the basement.  Following their nostrils they find the pizza, and in a moment, they eat it ALL. . .
And then disappear back downstairs.

I turn to the fridge.  In the back I find a couple of morsels, enough for a meager and lonely meal.

But then there was dessert!  Rich, full, dark, sweet, malty, heady Chocolate Bock.  Aaah . . .

The good Lord gave my friends at Sam Adams their sacred calling of science and art to produce this beer just so a down-hearted man like me could lick his moustache and be satisfied at the end of a long week and a disappointing meal. 

Thank you, Lord.  Thank you, Sam Adams.

image of bottle of Samuel Adams® Chocolate Bock

1 comment:

  1. You are pathetic. I love you, but you really are pathetic.

    ReplyDelete