Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Blonde

March 20, 2014 – the first day of spring, supposedly.  I had to sweep off about an inch of new snow from my car this morning. In an effort to rush the end of this winter a little faster, I bought New Belgium’s spring seasonal.


It’s not too bad: light and refreshing.  I paired it with a loaded chili dog which took the edge off the funk that comes with this style. Belgiums aren’t my favorite, but this was better than cider. It seems every time you turn around there’s a new flavor of cider at the beer stores. Last night my wife gave me a sip of one she was working on. It said something about being “angry” on the label and what I got was a good mouthful of angry and vinegar and cinnamon. Thanks, but I’ll stick with beer. I like beer . . . and even this Spring Blonde Belgian Style Ale is no exception to that rule.


No comments:

Post a Comment