Thursday, February 19, 2015

Shiner Prickly Pear

The Texans at Shiner add a little local cactus flower to this beer, giving it a sweet fruity taste. I can't really say what kind of fruit it tastes like, but it recalls childhood memories of the vague fruit flavor of red punch. Although this is not the most intriguing and complex beer in my book, it does make me happy, and that's really the point.

Over the last couple of days I've spent quite a lot of time listening to friends and colleagues who were all stressed out about things they had no control over. I try to tell them, if you have no opportunity and no ability to fix the problem, then leave it behind and go on with life. Why forgo happiness and continually fixate on the unfixable source of sadness? Drinking this happy Shiner Prickly Pear gives me inspiration. I should have said to these people, "Have you ever tried beer? Take two of these and call me in the morning."







No comments:

Post a Comment